Starting life as the McMorran and Washburne Department Store in 1928, the building now known as the Broadway Commerce Center was an integral part of downtown Eugene in the mid-20th century. Several renovations later, including many years as a JC Penny, the building’s owners wanted to restore its original appearance. Working with John Hyland Construction in 2011, J&S was able to reproduce the building’s original arched appearance on both street fronts, transitioning the building’s appearance from generic warehouse to a sparkling example of making something that is old new again.
John Hyland Construction
44 W Broadway, Eugene, OR 97401